Questions & Pro Bono Referrals
- Disability Rights Oregon – 503-243-2081 (Disability Complaints)
- Federal Public Defender – 503-326-2123 (Federal Questions)
- Juvenile Law Resource Center (attorneys only, questions by form only)
- Legal Aid offices throughout Oregon
- Lewis and Clark Legal Clinic – 503-768-6500 (evictions, bankruptcy, child support, tax controversies, DV, etc.)
- MPD Duty Attorney – MultCo – 503-225-9100 (MultCo criminal questions)
- MPD Duty Attorney – WashCo – 503-726-7908 (WashCo criminal questions)
- Oregon Law Center Hotlines
- Child Support Helpline: Statewide service of legal aid programs throughout Oregon that provides help to low-income persons who have problems with getting or paying child support. 1-800-520-5292 ::Monday 1:00pm – 4:00pm ; Thursday 9:00 am– 12:00pm.
- Public Benefits Hotline: Statewide service of legal aid programs throughout Oregon that provides help to low-income persons who have problems with applying for or receiving public benefits such as Welfare, ::Food Stamps, or Social Security. 1-800-383-1222 Monday-Thursday 1pm-4pm; Tuesday and Wednesday 9am-12pm.
- Pro Bono Hotline: If you are low income and seeking help on a consumer, contract, employment, housing or estate matter, you may qualify for assistance with a volunteer attorney through our Pro Bono ::Program. Your legal issue must be in the Portland Metropolitan Area. We cannot assist with emergencies. Please call our message line at (503) 473-8329 and leave a message describing the legal issue. Your call will be returned by an intake specialist.
- Oregon Public Defense Services – 503-378-3349 (appellate questions)
- OSB Client Assistance Office – 503-620-0222
- OSB Landlord and Tenant Law Resource Page
- OSB Lawyer Referral Service – 503-684-3763
- OSB Legal Resource Pages for non-lawyers (advice on tons of issues)
- PSU Student Legal Services – 503-725-4556 (Portland State students)
- Renters Rights Hotline – 503-288-0130 (Landlord-Tenant)
- Stevens-Ness – 503-223-3137 (DIY legal forms)
- St Andrew Legal Clinic – 503-281-1500 (family law)
- Find an inmate in the Dept. of Corrections
- Statewide Inmate Search
- Find an inmate in the Federal System
- 60 day calculator
- Bronson's Blog - Bronson James blog on northwest leagal issues.
- Confrontation Blog - Devoted to reporting and commenting on developments related to Crawford v. Washington and the Confrontation Clause.
- Ninth Circuit Blog - Case summaries and commentary by federal defenders of the Ninth Circuit
- Rankin's Site Rankin Johnson IV blogs on new issues and problems in the areas of appeals, criminal law, forensic science and more.
- SCOTUS Blog - SCOTUSblog is devoted to comprehensively covering the U.S. Supreme Court without bias and according to the highest journalistic and legal ethical standards.
- Sentencing Law and Policy - The Sentencing Law and Policy blog provides Information and commentary about guidelines and capital sentencing. The blog is written by Professor Douglas A. Berman, a Robert J. Watkins/Procter & Gamble Professor of Law.
Oregon Circuit Courts (with links to court websites and calendars)
Oregon Judicial Department (Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Tax Court Opinions)
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (opinions & orders)
Codes / Rules / Statutes
Code of Federal Regulations Federal Rules of Evidence Oregon Administrative Rules Oregon Sentencing Guidelines / Criminal Justice Commission Oregon Revised Statutes United States Code Supplementary Local Rules
Government / Legislation
Oregon.gov Oregon State Legislature — Who Represents Me? Oregon Department of Transportation Rulemaking United States Sentencing Commission
American Bar Association American Civil Liberties Union American Constitution Society Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice California Attorneys for Criminal Justice Colorado Criminal Defense Bar George Public Defender Standards Council Idaho Attorneys for Criminal Justice Indiana Public Defender Council Innocence Project (national office) Youth, Rights and Justice National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Office of Public Defense Services Oregon ACLU Oregon Association of Licensed Investigators, Inc. Oregon Innocence Project OR Dept of Veternas Affairs / Options for Veterans Involved in the Criminal Justice System Oregon Capital Resource Center Oregon State Bar Virginia Indigent Defense Commission Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Research / Reference / Resources
AnyWho California-Related Resources Available on the Internet Cornell University Law School Legal Information Institute CrimeLynx D’Angelo Law Library Death Penalty Information Center Defending Immigrants Partnership FindLaw Florida State Univ. College of Criminology and Criminal Justice Google Scholar Immigrant Legal Resource Center InfoUSA.com Internet Sleuth Lane County Legal Aid and Advocacy Center LexisNexis Lawyer Locator Library of Congress OCDLA Library of Defense OCDLA Library of Defense Resource Page National Criminal Justice Reference Service Ninth Circuit Blog Oregon Blue Book Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association People.Yahoo.com Portland State University's Online Bachelor in Criminology & Criminal Justice Program Public Defender Investigator Network Public Legal / Internet Legal Research Group Rand Research and Analysis Switchboard Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse United States Citizen and Immigration Service University of Southern California Law Library Yahoo Groups on Government, Politics and Law VersusLaw Washburn University School of Law Library Westlaw
Bend Bulletin Mail Tribune New York Times Oregonian Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association Register-Guard Statesman Journal Washington Post List of Newspapers by State