2010 Legislative Session
From OCDLA Library of Defense
There were 5 criminal justice bills that came out of the 2010 legislative session.
- New implied consent hearing procedures for DUIIs requiring the ALJ to "conduct the hearing by telephone or other two way communication device". But the person or police officer may request that the hearing be held in person. The bill is here.
- Victims rights for post adjudication proceedings here.
- A fix for last session's firearm rights restoration bill requiring that a petition for relief be filed in the petitioner's county of residence. See it here.
- Statutory authorization for a Veterans Diversion Court.
- The convoluted "fix" for the HB 3508 good time increase to 30%. It's here.