From OCDLA Library of Defense
Revision as of 14:01, January 21, 2013 by Abassos@mpdlaw.com
Questions & Pro Bono Referrals
- Disability Rights Oregon – 503-243-2081 (Disability Complaints)
- Federal Public Defender – 503-326-2123 (Federal Questions)
- Juvenile Law Resource Center (attorneys only, questions by form only)
- Legal Aid offices throughout Oregon
- Lewis and Clark Legal Clinic – 503-768-6500 (evictions, bankruptcy, child support, tax controversies, DV, etc.)
- MPD Duty Attorney – MultCo – 503-225-9100 (MultCo criminal questions)
- MPD Duty Attorney – WashCo – 503-726-7908 (WashCo criminal questions)
- Oregon Law Center Hotlines
- Child Support Helpline: Statewide service of legal aid programs throughout Oregon that provides help to low-income persons who have problems with getting or paying child support. 1-800-520-5292 ::Monday 1:00pm – 4:00pm ; Thursday 9:00 am– 12:00pm.
- Public Benefits Hotline: Statewide service of legal aid programs throughout Oregon that provides help to low-income persons who have problems with applying for or receiving public benefits such as Welfare, ::Food Stamps, or Social Security. 1-800-383-1222 Monday-Thursday 1pm-4pm; Tuesday and Wednesday 9am-12pm.
- Pro Bono Hotline: If you are low income and seeking help on a consumer, contract, employment, housing or estate matter, you may qualify for assistance with a volunteer attorney through our Pro Bono ::Program. Your legal issue must be in the Portland Metropolitan Area. We cannot assist with emergencies. Please call our message line at (503) 473-8329 and leave a message describing the legal issue. Your call will be returned by an intake specialist.
- Oregon Public Defense Services – 503-378-3349 (appellate questions)
- OSB Client Assistance Office – 503-620-0222
- OSB Landlord and Tenant Law Resource Page
- OSB Lawyer Referral Service – 503-684-3763
- OSB Legal Resource Pages for non-lawyers (advice on tons of issues)
- PSU Student Legal Services – 503-725-4556 (Portland State students)
- Renters Rights Hotline – 503-288-0130 (Landlord-Tenant)
- Stevens-Ness – 503-223-3137 (DIY legal forms)
- St Andrew Legal Clinic – 503-281-1500 (family law)
- Find an inmate in the Dept. of Corrections
- Statewide Inmate Search
- Find an inmate in the Federal System
- 60 day calculator
- Bronson's Blog - Bronson James blog on northwest leagal issues.
- Confrontation Blog - Devoted to reporting and commenting on developments related to Crawford v. Washington and the Confrontation Clause.
- Ninth Circuit Blog - Case summaries and commentary by federal defenders of the Ninth Circuit
- Rankin's Site Rankin Johnson IV blogs on new issues and problems in the areas of appeals, criminal law, forensic science and more.
- SCOTUS Blog - SCOTUSblog is devoted to comprehensively covering the U.S. Supreme Court without bias and according to the highest journalistic and legal ethical standards.
- Sentencing Law and Policy - The Sentencing Law and Policy blog provides Information and commentary about guidelines and capital sentencing. The blog is written by Professor Douglas A. Berman, a Robert J. Watkins/Procter & Gamble Professor of Law.