Questions & Pro Bono Referrals
- Disability Rights Oregon – 503-243-2081 (Disability Complaints)
- Federal Public Defender – 503-326-2123 (Federal Questions)
- Juvenile Law Resource Center (attorneys only, questions by form only)
- Legal Aid offices throughout Oregon
- Lewis and Clark Legal Clinic – 503-768-6500 (evictions, bankruptcy, child support, tax controversies, DV, etc.)
- MPD Duty Attorney – MultCo – 503-225-9100 (MultCo criminal questions)
- MPD Duty Attorney – WashCo – 503-726-7908 (WashCo criminal questions)
- Oregon Law Center Hotlines
- Child Support Helpline: Statewide service of legal aid programs throughout Oregon that provides help to low-income persons who have problems with getting or paying child support. 1-800-520-5292 ::Monday 1:00pm – 4:00pm ; Thursday 9:00 am– 12:00pm.
- Public Benefits Hotline: Statewide service of legal aid programs throughout Oregon that provides help to low-income persons who have problems with applying for or receiving public benefits such as Welfare, ::Food Stamps, or Social Security. 1-800-383-1222 Monday-Thursday 1pm-4pm; Tuesday and Wednesday 9am-12pm.
- Pro Bono Hotline: If you are low income and seeking help on a consumer, contract, employment, housing or estate matter, you may qualify for assistance with a volunteer attorney through our Pro Bono ::Program. Your legal issue must be in the Portland Metropolitan Area. We cannot assist with emergencies. Please call our message line at (503) 473-8329 and leave a message describing the legal issue. Your call will be returned by an intake specialist.
- Oregon Public Defense Services – 503-378-3349 (appellate questions)
- OSB Client Assistance Office – 503-620-0222
- OSB Landlord and Tenant Law Resource Page
- OSB Lawyer Referral Service – 503-684-3763
- OSB Legal Resource Pages for non-lawyers (advice on tons of issues)
- PSU Student Legal Services – 503-725-4556 (Portland State students)
- Renters Rights Hotline – 503-288-0130 (Landlord-Tenant)
- Stevens-Ness – 503-223-3137 (DIY legal forms)
- St Andrew Legal Clinic – 503-281-1500 (family law)
- Bronson's Blog - Bronson James blog on northwest leagal issues.
- Confrontation Blog - Devoted to reporting and commenting on developments related to Crawford v. Washington and the Confrontation Clause.
- Ninth Circuit Blog - Case summaries and commentary by federal defenders of the Ninth Circuit
- Rankin's Site Rankin Johnson IV blogs on new issues and problems in the areas of appeals, criminal law, forensic science and more.
- SCOTUS Blog - SCOTUSblog is devoted to comprehensively covering the U.S. Supreme Court without bias and according to the highest journalistic and legal ethical standards.
- Sentencing Law and Policy - The Sentencing Law and Policy blog provides Information and commentary about guidelines and capital sentencing. The blog is written by Professor Douglas A. Berman, a Robert J. Watkins/Procter & Gamble Professor of Law.
Oregon Circuit Courts (with links to court websites and calendars)
Oregon Judicial Department (Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Tax Court Opinions)
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (opinions & orders)
Codes / Rules / Statutes
Oregon Sentencing Guidelines / Criminal Justice Commission
Government / Legislation
Oregon State Legislature — Find Your District and Legislators
Innocence Project (national office)
Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs / Options for Veterans Involved in the Criminal Justice System
Research / Reference / Resources
D’Angelo Law Library - University of Chicago
Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, Syracuse University